Meet Joel & Jill
A video message from Joel & Jill
A Letter from Joel & Jill
Hello! We’re a happy family of three excited to add a child to our lives through adoption. We’ve been friends since high school, started dating in college, and we’ve been married ever since! Our family values faith, connection, education, and travel.
Adoption has been on our hearts for years. The friends who introduced us to each other were adopted into their family as babies, so we’ve seen how wonderful adoption can be as a way to build a family. It would be our joy and honor to open our hearts and lives to you and your child. We would love to share an open adoption too, if you’d like an ongoing connection.
Together we enjoy:
• Traveling to visit family or take vacations (we want to see all of the National Monuments!)
• Board games
• Movie nights
• Going to football (Seahawks!) or baseball games
• Seeing local museums and art performances
• Being involved at our church
What matters to us most: Our Christian faith is important to us and, out of that, we try to model love, grace, and value for others. We want to show our children how to be loving, helpful, generous, and good members of the community. Our family puts love, peace, and forgiveness first. We hope to pass down our love of making and listening to music, reading, arts and crafts, and community.
Joel says: Jill is loving, thoughtful, fair, consistent, considerate, compassionate, and easy to talk to. She’s an affectionate, caring mama who always has our son’s best interest at heart.
Jill likes to:
• Draw, paint, and practice calligraphy
• Cross-stitch and knit
• Sing at church
• Practice the piano
• Write (journaling, proofing/editing, all of it!)
• Learn languages (I took sign language in college and am currently learning French!)
Jill says: Joel is a loyal father and husband who loves with all his heart. He’s hard-working, funny, so smart, great at conversation, and an attentive dad.
Joel likes to:
• Play the drums (I play for church and in a garage band with friends!)
• Record music and podcasts
• Learn piano
• Tinker with computers and electronics
• Practice photography (family portraits, artsy or landscape photos, and aerial drone shots are my favorites to shoot)
Our son, Micah, is 6 years old, sweet, easy-going, and loves playing with other kids. He enjoys music, books, swimming, and going to church. We’ve been teaching him to write and ride a bike. Micah is excited at the idea of having a sibling and will be a loving big brother and helper.
Extended Family: We come from close-knit families, each having one sibling. While some of our family lives locally, we love taking trips to see relatives in Montana, southern California, or other parts of Oregon. At family get-togethers there is always a lot of food, games, and chatting.
Adoption is already a part of our family! We both have close relatives who were adopted. Everyone is so supportive and excited about our plans to adopt!
We love the beautiful scenery, hiking trails, lakes, mountains, and coastlines here in Oregon! There is something fun to do any time of the year. We live in the suburbs where we have a smaller-town feel with the conveniences of living close to the city. Nearby is a large community park and recreation facility, with playgrounds, baseball parks, soccer fields, basketball and tennis courts, swimming pools, skate parks, and more. We like to take walks through the woods or to the playground.
Highlights about our home:
• 3 bedroom home in a quiet neighborhood
• Large bonus room (the band room!)
• Private fenced yard
• A large park and recreation space next to us (so there’s plenty of space to run and play!)
We would feel blessed to get to know you and would love to keep in contact as your child grows, if you’re comfortable. We’re open to sharing emails, letters, photos, and visits. We promise to provide your child with unconditional love and grace, a supportive family, a secure home, and a good education. We will encourage our children to pursue their interests and talents. We’ll be their biggest cheerleaders!
We will make sure your child knows he or she can talk to us about anything. Our family values open communication, forgiveness, and acceptance. We will encourage deep relationships and be a place where your child can learn, grow, and process in a healthy, safe environment. You will always be special to us, and we’ll help your child embrace our family’s adoption story. We also welcome open adoption! We are happy to share future contact, including visits, however you’re comfortable staying in touch.
Thinking of you, Joel & Jill
Learn More About Joel & Jill
|Technical Lead for a company that services machines that make microchips
|Our Racial Background
|Some of Joel & Jill's Favorites
|The Princess Bride
|The Muppet Christmas Carol
|Shoyu Chicken with Rice
|Tinkering with computers and electronics
|Reading or listening to podcasts
|To Watch: Football, To Play: Basketball
|To Watch: Football, To Play: Kickball
|1955 C1 Corvette
|"Thriller" by Michael Jackson
|311's version of "Love Song," or Rascal Flatt's "Life is a Highway"
|Any show from the Star Trek universe
|Community or The Office
|More About Our Family
|3 Things We Believe As Parents
• Love & affection are so important. Our kids need to know that they are valuable and cherished, no matter what.
• Jill: I’ve been known to win a karaoke contest or two before and back in the day I was the lead singer in a rock band!
|Things we enjoy doing with our son
• Taking walks to visit the neighbor’s goats
• Fourth of July at our Montana cabin with Joel’s family, roasting marshmallows, playing games, climbing up to the tree house, and running the obstacle course that Joel’s dad built
|We Prefer a Child Who Is...
|Age of Child
Newborn up to 2 years old
Either boy or girl
We appreciate your time to think about what you want for your baby's future. We're honored to be considered as adoptive parents for your child! Our children will always be our priority and we promise to honor our commitment to you and your child. We hope to learn more about you and welcome the chance to share an open adoption, if you'd like that. Thank you so much!