Meet Jeffrey & Catherine
A video message from Jeffrey & Catherine
A Letter from Jeffrey & Catherine
Welcome! We are Jeffrey and Catherine. We are a nurturing, generous and passionate Christian couple who values faith, family and laughter. We have been married for six years and live in beautiful East Tennessee with our two pups, Knox and Penny.
If you would like, we welcome having an open adoption with you and staying in contact with photos, letters, and occasional visits. Whatever makes you most comfortable! We are excited to meet you and learn more about the life you desire for your little one.
Those around us will be quick to tell you that we are each other’s best friend! Because of that, the daily laughter and adventures are endless. Some favorite activities that we enjoy together are:
- Traveling | Our most recent travels took us to Switzerland and Scotland! One day we hope to see the Northern Lights and explore the National Parks with our future children. We like to travel at least twice a year. Once for the purpose of rest – like when we went to a resort in Mexico or when we rented a secluded cabin in the woods. And once for recreation – like exploring a new country or when we traveled out west via an RV road trip.
- Trying New Foods | We both love to cook and bake. We especially like to cook and bake for each other! Jeffrey first made his classic chicken carbonara dish for Catherine on Valentine’s Day when we were dating. Catherine likes to make buffalo chicken dip and other themed treats for Jeffrey to enjoy on game days. We also love finding new restaurants to try together. One of our more memorable meals was when we enjoyed the most tender steak with an entire clove of garlic cooked inside of it!
- Going To The Movies | A night at the movies is our go-to date night! Once we get our popcorn and ICEEs, we love cozying up in the dark theatre and watching a new release. We enjoy pretending as movie critics and often spend the entire drive home comparing our ratings and reviews.
Jeffrey is a real estate agent and helps to represent buyers and sellers as they navigate homeownership and real estate investing. Since Jeffrey sets his own work schedule, he looks forward to being home more when a newborn joins our family and carving out time for family adventures in the future.
Catherine says: Jeffrey is strong, wise, funny and helpful.
Jeffrey likes to:
- Work on home renovation projects
- Explore fantastical stories through video games
- Watch movies
- Cheer on his alma mater during Saturday football games
- Listen to classics like Johnny Cash and Elvis Pressley while adding to his record collection
- Embrace the cold of wintertime by making fires in our wood-burning stove
- Make Catherine laugh
Jeffrey’s Claims to Fame:
- His “YouTube Education” (his words) that allows him to attempt and mostly conquer almost any home renovation.
- Being able to fluently quote Season 1, Episode 1, Scene 1 of The Office without error.
Catherine is a Loan Officer Assistant at a national mortgage company. She enjoys supporting her mortgage team by creating and implementing systems and structures that allow for maximum efficiency and creativity. Catherine looks forward to exploring the systems and creativity that will be required once she and Jeffrey welcome a child into their home.
Jeffrey says: Catherine is creative, compassionate, patient and talented.
Catherine likes to:
- Create! Through crocheting, painting, drawing, singing, playing the piano, dancing, designing, decorating and more!
- Tap dance! She took one class when she was 14 and decided to give it another try in recent years.
- Perform in community theatre! Currently, she is performing as a British tourist in her 4th production at the local community theatre.
- Cook and bake! She especially loves to make Italian pizzelle cookies at Christmastime.
- Enjoy a hot cup of tea or an iced chai latte!
- Go on adventures! Recently she has been enjoying a local bike trail and likes to rent an e-bike for an extra speed boost.
- Reading! Catherine has been a lifelong reader and continues to consume as many books as she can. She can’t wait to share her love of reading with a little one!
Catherine’s Claims to Fame:
- “Mostly mastering” the art of the crème brulee dessert.
- Being able to fall asleep within seconds of her head hitting the pillow.
We are blessed to live in the beautiful state of Tennessee, with convenient access to lots of outdoor activities and scenic areas, making every day an adventure. We live in a 3-bedroom home in a safe and friendly neighborhood, which is a constant canvas for our home renovation projects. Each new project makes our home even cozier and more custom to the life we hope to design for our family. Some of our favorite completed projects include the fenced-in backyard that allows our dogs to roam with freedom, the picture gallery in the basement that showcases digital sketches Catherine created to represent some of our favorite TV shows, and the spacious wooden dining room table that Jeffrey built by hand. Next up is an exciting kitchen renovation that will be the perfect place to explore new recipes and host family and friends!
Jeffrey’s favorite place at home: The workshop in the basement that allows me to bring exciting projects to life! I’m always trying to organize and re-organize my growing collection of tools that live there.
Catherine’s favorite place at home: The corner of the living room couch where the sun shines through in the early morning. Preferably with a book, a hot cup of tea, a cozy blanket and a cuddly dog.
We both come from very close-knit, Jesus-loving families! Jeffrey‘s family is based in Tennessee, which allows us to do life with them constantly – which is such a blessing! His family is also co-passionate about real estate and impacting our local community through positive change.
Catherine‘s family lives in Florida and we enjoy visiting them at least twice a year. While in Florida, we enjoy connecting with family, doting on our Florida nieces and nephews and playing lots of competitive board games.
Between both sides of the family, we have eighteen nieces and nephews! This makes life constantly exciting and full of opportunities to gather for birthdays, getaways, family dinners, sporting events and more! Both sets of our parents eagerly await the addition of another little one to our family and can’t wait to lavish them with so much love!
We also have 2 dogs, Knox & Penny, that are part of our family and great with kids!
We promise to honor you and your decision. We promise to selflessly love not just your child, but also you. We will always consider you to be an important part of our family and our family’s story. We promise to embrace your child with open arms and provide them with a safe and stable space that will be overflowing with love, joy, encouragement, creativity and laughter. We promise to raise your child in the knowledge of Jesus and will seek to show them daily just how fearfully and wonderfully they are made. You and your child are both full of God-given purpose and we are honored to play any small part in your story.
Learn More About Jeffrey & Catherine
|Real Estate Agent
|Loan Officer Assistant
|Works from home
|Our Racial Background
|Some of Jeffrey & Catherine's Favorites
|Legends Of The Fall
|Pride & Prejudice
|Lord Of The Rings
|Nancy Drew Series
|Ice Cream Flavor
|Oatmeal Cream Pie
|Rainy Day Activity
|Reading a book or doing a puzzle
|Working on a home renovation project
|Playing tourist in nearby small towns
|More About Our Family
Our faith in Jesus Christ serves as our unshakable foundation. His unwavering love, boundless grace, and enduring faithfulness have been our anchor. We are pursuing adoption with open hearts and open hands, remaining surrendered to God and trusting Him fully. Isaiah 55:8-9 states, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." We know wholeheartedly that God will show Himself faithful to us, to you and to your child.
We have two dogs, Knox and Penny. Knox is five years old and is a husky shepherd mix who loves snuggles, treats and being a little mischievous. We jokingly call him our emotional support dog because he can sense when our emotions are heightened and likes to crawl into our laps or lick our faces until we feel better. Penny is a four-year-old hound shepherd mix who we brought into our family at only five weeks old. Penny is the epitome of a lazy "front porch dog" and is sweet, obedient and loves scratches. She loves her sleep and likes to put herself to bed in her cozy crate by 7 o’ clock.
- Knox's Claim to Fame: swallowed a pin cushion (with pins attached) when he was a little pup and the vet gave him a clean bill of health within the week. He has since also explored what an entire box of crayons tastes like.
We love traditions! Both of our extended families have many valued traditions and we have loved adding to these traditions by establishing our own as well. Easter brings a large-scale egg hunt at Jeffrey's grandparent's home, followed by a family meal where Catherine likes to make her yummy brussels sprout salad!
Thanksgiving looks like LOTS of tables and chairs pulled together to fit all of the family! We go around the table from oldest to youngest to share what we're thankful for.
Christmas brings cookie baking (including Italian pizzelle cookies, a tradition passed on from both of Catherine's grandmothers), Christmas Eve family dinner with a reading of "The Night Before Christmas" and a family-style Christmas morning at Jeffrey's parents' house.
The New Year's holiday always brings a trip to Florida to visit Catherine's family, where we eat a traditional New Year's meal of collards and black-eyed peas.
Catherine's favorite holiday: Easter
|Envisioning The Future
While we're not yet parents, we do have some hopes and aspirations for what life might look like with a little one in our home:
Lazy pancake breakfasts on Saturday mornings. Walks at the park on long summer days. So many hugs and kisses from eighteen cousins! Holiday traditions, like piling in the car with hot cocoa to see lights around Christmastime. Reading old and new favorites together, like Nancy Drew or Treasure Island. Singing loudly together in the car with the windows rolled down. Discovering all of the available nooks and crannies in our home by playing competitive games of hide and seek. Snuggles, lullabies and crafts with Catherine. Growing a love of history, football and home renovations with Jeffrey.
|We Prefer a Child Who Is...
|Age of Child
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us! In return, we look forward to getting to know you and hearing your desires. Our goal is that you would feel heard, seen and honored. We trust that the story God is writing is better than any we could imagine for ourselves. We are so grateful for the chance to become first-time parents through adoption.